Starts: Mid to Late October 2020
Employment Type: Contractor
Location: Remote & in-person Los Angeles
Please note! This position will require frequent travel to our on-site location in the greater Los Angeles area. You should be located within the Los Angeles area or willing to relocate.
Successful and currently scaling online media and education startup seeks a well-rounded Web Developer to assist in maintaining, optimizing and growing our existing front-end Web architecture, with potential for additional back-end work.
Our startup team is incredibly dedicated, smart, supportive, skilled, and constantly learning. We’re looking for a dedicated and driven team player who can match that energy and take a strong position in scaling an already successful company to even greater heights. This will be an exciting and fast-paced job in a startup environment, combining the best of experimental and adventurous startup culture with the assurance of working for an already successful and stable company.
We’re looking for somebody willing to embrace the constantly evolving and creative startup environment, consistently push themselves to learn new tech chops in a supportive atmosphere, and grow with the role as the company expands.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Act as company Webmaster. Maintain and support the structure and integrity of company Web architecture and environments
• Evaluate and resolve operational issues in a timely manner
• Assist in setting up and managing Web environments, and structuring Web information architecture for scale and optimization
• Implement front-end fixes across existing Web properties
• Optimize existing landing pages and evergreen content; iterate consistent A/B tests across landing pages, content, e-mail and social advertising campaigns
• Assist with implementing and optimizing on-page, off-page, and technical SEO
• Implement and monitor app integrations via API calls and Zapier
• Actively monitor and manage Web site performance, uptime, security and SEO rankings. Perform regular QA checks across Web properties and e-mail campaigns
• Manage company Google Analytics, and implement goal and e-commerce tracking across Web platforms. Assist in implementing uniform analytics tagging protocol across Web properties, e-mail and social
• Assist with building company dashboards from warehoused and real-time analytics data
• Implement automations across company properties and infrastructure
• Assist with setup of online and offline IT infrastructure, backups, and cloud
BONUS: The following “extra credit” duties are not mandatory for this role. However, if you possess the required skills to assist with the listed tasks, you will most certainly rise to the top of the list of applicants.
• Python and SQL for data science
• Google Cloud Platform
• Flutter (or Angular / React)
Communication Skills and Personal Characteristics
• Demonstrated experience in translating business requirements to technical specifications
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and superior interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to manage operational environment in parallel with new development projects
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional stakeholders on project status, solutions, and blockers & alternatives
• Motivated and able to contribute in a team environment in multiple time zones
• Ability to work independently without instructions
• Collaborate with developers and quality assurance staff in architecture decision, code reviews, and issue resolution
• Be able to handle multiple projects and activities in a timely, organized manner
• Be a creative problem solver, flexible, proactive and ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
Prerequisite Technology Skills
- Liquid (or Ruby in general)
- SQL (optional)
- Python (optional)
- Dart (optional)
- Plesk / WHM
- SEO / SEM
- Linux (Ubuntu and/or Debian)
- Google Analytics, Webmasters, Optimize and Data Studio
- Google Cloud Platform (optional)
- Flutter (optional)
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, and preferably your LinkedIn as well, via e-mail to [email protected]. Do not submit via any other method or to any other address.
Please include links to prior or current projects.
We are serious about getting the right candidate, and will conduct multiple rounds of interviews with candidates we choose from the applicant pool. Your references (we do check) should be of people who you have worked with professionally in a marketing role. Please expect a quick homework assignment as part of the interview process.
Please note that this position will likely require weekly travel to our on-site location in the Los Angeles area. We observe strict precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 including masks, hand sanitizer, temperature checks and social distancing. However, we are happy to discuss the extent of in-person time required for this role and how it can fit with your specific health concerns and situation during the interview process.