Starts: Mid to Late October 2020
Employment Type: Contractor with potential for full time
Hours: 30–40 / week
Location: Remote & in-person Los Angeles
Experience: Suggest 4+ Years
Please note! This position will require frequent travel to our on-site location in the greater Los Angeles area. You should be located within the Los Angeles area or willing to relocate.
Quickly growing online media and education start-up seeks a well-rounded marketing superstar to spearhead online marketing campaigns, expand social media presence, and help oversee content team.
We’re looking for a Content Marketing Lead who loves to roll up their sleeves, create intuitive paths through complex challenges, and take a strongly data-driven approach to their craft while also thinking creatively and independently.
Our start-up team is incredibly dedicated, smart, supportive, skilled, and constantly learning. We’re looking for a dedicated and driven leader who can match that energy and take a front-line position in scaling an already successful company to even greater heights.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Develop and execute comprehensive online marketing campaigns for existing and upcoming products—incorporating content marketing, social media, and public relations—to acquire new customers, increase engagement with our existing base, and grow our brand footprint;
• Manage a full content calendar, as well as multiple marketing platforms, incorporating e-mail campaigns, blog posts, social media, YouTube, and podcasts, with all content kept fully scheduled out two weeks in advance;
• Collect and deeply analyze data across all marketing platforms and initiatives, and constantly seek to use data to comprehensively iterate and optimize all marketing efforts;
• Pro-actively and ceaselessly research, innovate and evolve best-in-class digital marketing strategies and processes, ensuring that all marketing initiatives are on the absolute leading edge of marketing technology;
• Develop strong, collaborative relationships with external partners, influencers and affiliates to expand our brand reach;
• Source, evaluate and manage additional marketing hires as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
• At least 4+ years experience in marketing and related fields, and/or proven ability to grow an online brand footprint.
• Ability to quickly grow and effectively sell to audiences online. Please provide data on marketing initiatives you have overseen that demonstrates clear impact, and tell us a story about how you did it.
• Ability to grow meaningful social media engagement across multiple platforms. Please provide metrics on successful efforts here as well.
• Mastery of digital marketing theory, technology platforms, implementation, and vendor landscape.
• Ability to consistently take initiative, handle multiple projects, and effectively prioritize in a lightning-paced environment. Exceptional focus on timeliness, time management and deadline accountability.
• Outstanding writing, editing, and in-person communication skills.
• An empowering, motivational, people-oriented leader who drives accountability within the organization, and is adept at helping identify and train top talent across multiple time zones.
• Must have the ability to attend meetings and work part-time at our headquarters in the Los Angeles area (details can be worked out during interviews).
Prerequisite Technology Skills
- Google Analytics
- Facebook for Business / Facebook Ads
- Content calendar management
- E-mail list management
- Marketing automation and drip marketing
- Adobe Photoshop
- Google Docs & Sheets and/or Microsoft Word & Excel
- PowerPoint or equivalent
- Building and working with analytics dashboards
- Audio and video editing skills
- AdSense / display advertising
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, and preferably your LinkedIn as well, via e-mail to [email protected]. Do not submit via any other method or to any other address.
Please include metrics from online marketing and social media initiatives you have overseen.
We are serious about getting the right candidate, and will conduct multiple rounds of interviews with candidates we choose from the applicant pool. Your references (we do check) should be of people who you have worked with professionally in a marketing role. Please expect a quick homework assignment as part of the interview process.
Please note that this position will likely require weekly travel to our on-site location in the Los Angeles area. We observe strict precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 including masks, hand sanitizer, temperature checks and social distancing. However, we are happy to discuss the extent of in-person time required for this role and how it can fit with your specific health concerns and situation during the interview process.